Vertigo can affect many people for a variety of different reasons. Whether the condition is chronic or stems from the onset of migraine headaches, vertigo is an unpleasant sensation that makes the most basic of daily tasks difficult to bear.
There are many causes for vertigo however, some cases may be assisted with out the use of drugs and surgery and in fact Chiropractic care in some cases has been shown to be quite effective when it comes to dealing with certain types of Vertigo.¹
What causes vertigo? In many cases vertigo can be caused by an issue with the inner ear. If the function in this area is not working as the body expects it can lead to imbalance that may inhibit standing, sitting or functioning comfortably in an upright motion. Some of the most common causes of vertigo are:
- Meniere’s disease – A build-up of fluid and changing pressure in the inner ear leads to this disorder
- BPPV – Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo is caused by the build-up of small calcium particles in the inner ear canal
- Vestibular neuritis – An inner ear disorder usually caused by an infection
- Brain tumour
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Certain medications
Unfortunately, the causes of vertigo are many, which makes vertigo treatment all that much trickier. Trained Chiropractors who treat vertigo, can be found in our Sydney city clinic. A consultation with our team is recommended for this disorder so that we may understand the cause and if it suits the criteria for Chiropractic intervention, it may be treated by our team of Chiropractors ².
Symptoms and Vertigo Treatment
Vertigo can be an uncomfortable feeling that gives off the sensation of a lack of balance. As such, many sufferers will have a difficult time sitting or standing upright. The most common symptoms are:
- Lack of balance
- Headaches or migraines
- Jerking eye movements
- Hearing loss
To best target the symptoms and the vertigo itself, rehabilitation is a necessary vertigo treatment.
As such, our chiropractors at Clinic 27 may have the vertigo solution for you. We can assess your condition and target the pressure points that are causing your vertigo. Regular therapy will ensure relief and long-term recovery from the condition.
Are you suffering from vertigo? Are you looking for a vertigo treatment in Sydney? Give the team at Clinic 27 a call at Tel: (02) 8059 7743 today to find out if Chiropractic care may be the solution for you.
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics Feb 2013; Chiropractic Management of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo Using the Epley Maneuver: A Case Series. Sandy S. Sajko,Kent Stuber,Tim N. Welsh
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics Feb 2000; A combined approach for the treatment of cervical vertigo. Eduardo S.B.Bracher DC, MD Clemente I.R.Almeida MD Roberta R.Almeida MD André C.Duprat MD Cheri B.B.Bracher DC