A gait abnormality is characterized as abnormal and uncontrollable difficulty in walking. While a wide range of sorts of gait abnormalities are produced unconsciously, most, although not all, are due to some type of physical malfunction.Some gait abnormalities are very distinct that they have descriptive names.
Symptoms of gait abnormality are:
• Loss of symmetry- unilateral neurological or musculoskeletal disorders
• Difficulty initiating gait- Parkinson’s
• Dragging foot- footdrop Wide-based gait- cerebellar & B/L knee/hip disease
• Circumduction- foot moves in an arc- pelvic muscle weakness & fixed knee joint
• Decreased arm swing- Parkinson’s, dementia, paresis
• Deviation from path- motor control defect, alcohol
Gait abnormality may be treated in a number of different ways, depending on the cause. However, muscle weakness due to joint weakness appears to be the most common, and Chiropractic care is a great treatment to consider. Clinic 27 will ensure that people who suffer from abnormal gait / mobility to benefit from a program of specific exercise designed for them.
Want to learn more on the treatments for Gait abnormality in Chiro Sydney CBD? Ask us how chiropractic care can help you.